Join our Community
Welcome to SteppingStone, a warm, friendly and diverse community that fosters your family member’s independence by improving their quality of life and well-being. We maintain a safe, relaxed environment with well-planned activities, staffed with experienced healthcare providers. Most members develop friendships within a week or two of joining our community!
For the past 30 years, we’ve earned a reputation for excellence and commitment to service to the San Francisco community. Check out one of the four locations near you and see why physicians, hospital discharge planners and social workers frequently refer their patients to SteppingStone Adult Day Health.
Get started now
If you would like to join our community, or if you'd like to refer a family member, patient, or client, the process is simple.
Visit a Center near you to meet the Social Work Assistant and to get a feel for the program.
The Social Work Assistant will complete the eligibility paperwork and arrange a home visit to conduct a home safety check.
Back at the Center, our multidisciplinary team will evaluate you (or your loved one’s) needs and design a program that is right for your (his or her) medical condition.
Start enjoying the benefits of SteppingStone!
SteppingStone re-assesses each participant's needs on a regular basis to ensure that you continue to receive the most appropriate care to keep you healthy and independent.
Take the first step: Call a Social Work Assistant now.
We encourage you to call one of our Social Work Assistants now to get started. Together, with one of our Social Workers, we will help you through the intake process, explain Medi-Cal CBAS, private pay, and Veterans' Administration options, and schedule a visit so that you and your family can get a better feel for the Center. Choose a day and a time when activities (music, art, fashion, games) that appeal to your loved one will be taking place.
How can SteppingStone benefit my family?
- SteppingStone’s dedicated staff and comforting community offer stimulating and creative activities on a daily basis.
- SteppingStone’s program is more affordable than assisted living or nursing home care.
- SteppingStone’s community is culturally diverse (we speak many languages).
- We treat your loved one with dignity and respect as they regain their health.
- SteppingStone coordinates an individual care plan with your family physician.
- SteppingStone is the largest and oldest independent ADHC provider in San Francisco: we'll deliver the quality care you need.
- SteppingStone's four ADHC programs are co-located with affordable senior housing throughout the City. We're probably only steps from your home!